It's time for a new blog, not much for writing, perhaps a few words accompanying a song I plan and will try to post everyday.

Sunday 3 March 2013

Day 1: I live on a lonely avenue



It's time for a new blog, not much for writing, perhaps a few words accompanying a song I plan to and will try to post everyday. I have different playlists on spotify, soundcloud, youtube and they won't fit here. However, there are songs that mean something to me or trigger memories of which I thought I wanna keep a record.

My musical tastes are eclectic so you will find from Bach to Arvo Pärt, from Thelonious Monk to Keith Jarrett, Ray Charles to Diana Krall, Chuck Berry to Grizzly Bear, Vivaldi to Anouar Brahem, etc. So don't be surprised if you hear soft tunes of Billie Holiday one day and high beats of The Strokes the next. I listen a lot to low beat songs, indie of different kinds, acoustic; Patrick Watson, Dan Mangan, The Deep Dark Woods, Other Lives, Mathew Perryman Jones and whatnot. They might take over Yeasayer, Ladyhawke, Tame Impala and what have you.

I will start with a song by the lady I absolutely admire. I went to her concert last week here in Montreal, in the middle of writing my midterm exam. It kept me writing the rest till 4 in the morning. The lady had caught cold but nevertheless was shining on the stage.

The performance was just stupendous. It's not easy to choose but I found myself singing to the tunes of this song, on the way back home , walking on the crystalline snow that shined everywhere with the reflections of street lights.
As far as I know, Ray Charles was the first to sing this song (or perhaps made it famous), written by Doc Pomus.

I will die, I will die, I will die, I will cry, I will cry, I will cry, I will cry...

 


No comments:

Post a Comment