It's time for a new blog, not much for writing, perhaps a few words accompanying a song I plan and will try to post everyday.

Saturday 4 May 2013

Day 58: One of Us Cannot Be Wrong

Leonard Cohen



I'm not claiming that I'm sharing Cohen's best song, (Famous Blue Raincoat which melts my heart.) There is not the best song, but the best songs from some artists. This opened my Saturday morning. Cohen is more a poet than a singer. Each line of his songs is reflective or comes from the heart. I once had a chance to see him from the second row in a concert. How modest and how gentleman!

This song is from his album "Songs of Leonard Cohen", 1967.


I showed my heart to the doctor. He said I'd just have to quit

Then he wrote himself a prescription, your name was mentioned in it

Then he locked himself in a library shelf with the details of our honeymoon

And I hear from the nurse that he's gotten much worse and his practice is all in a ruin



I heard of a saint who had loved you, I studied all night in his school

He taught that the duty of lovers is to tarnish the golden rule

And just when I was sure that his teachings were pure he drowned himself in the pool


No comments:

Post a Comment